Pro Wrestling Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Wrestling Rebellion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Patience *Live*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I Am The Walrus

I Am The Walrus

Patience *Live* Empty
PostSubject: Patience *Live*   Patience *Live* EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 pm

TD Banknorth Garden, home of the Boston Celtics and Bruins. More importantly for this viewing audience, the home of Pro Wrestling Rebellion's debut edition of Monday Night Vantage Point. Fans will flock to the Garden, hoping for one hell of a show. An escape from their dreary every day lives; something to make them forget about the exodus of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. One of their recent signings, the redhead stunner Jaelyn Rose isn't part of the inaugural lineup, but that doesn't mean she hasn't been making her presence known. She's been busy working a merchandise table she's set up outside the arena, hawking whatever gear she can. Once the cameras turn on and zoom in, she shoos a fan who'd just bought a signed 8x10 away, then turns her attention ahead.

"We live in a 'right now' society that thrives on instant gratification. Patience has become somewhat of a lost art. But who can blame people, right? Information is available at your fingertips, fast food is everywhere, if a horny little bastard wants to enjoy a wank he just needs to hop online instead of waiting for next month's Playboy to come out. Everything's go, go, go."

She snaps her fingers.

"Just look at this place, Pro Wrestling Rebellion. People are clamoring to hop aboard at a rapid pace. You've got this debut show with people deluding themselves into thinking that it's something special to be part of this first show. They're clamoring for the right to be the first World Champion, waving their proverbial dicks around, desperate to convince the world that they're the one who's a cut above the rest."

There's a slight pause as she allows her words to set in.

"It's a nice little narrative, but let's back up a bit and return to reality. The reality is that two years from now your average fan will struggle to remember who made up that first card. The reality is that maybe 4 out of the 10 competitors on this debut show will leave any lasting impact on PWR. That's just the nature of the beast, some swim, some sink, some fade away and get replaced by a new shinier toy. I get it though, I really do. It's a big deal if you're someone whose questionable skills mean they might otherwise not be in line for a World Title shot if they actually had to work their way up the ranks. Because let's be perfectly blunt, we all know the likes of our identity confused friend Mostafa couldn't draw heat with a blowtorch and likely don't know the difference between a wristlock and a wristwatch."

She gives an ever so slight shrug of her shoulders and cocks her head a bit.

"I'm not one who's going to foolishly rush headlong into things though. I've been patient in waiting for my break, I can wait a little longer. Because I know that I will be Champion sooner or later. Let's be real, do I really want my big title win to come in a battle royal? There's going to be so much going on that I could be dazzling the masses and the cameras would miss it because they're focused on some goof getting stomped on in the corner. No, I'm going to let everyone see exactly what I'm capable of, then have my moment of glory in a real match where I can get my proper spotlight."

A quick smile is flashed.

"Now, the last thing I'd want is you to take offense at the implication that you're all a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers incapable of actual critical thinking, that's not the case at all. I'm just saying most of you are; Silas actually has a good head on his shoulders, and Abobo's a funny guy. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying either. It's not said with malicious intent, or with a lack of appreciation for the groundwork you're laying. You're doing valuable yeomen's work. There's anticipation in the air, and someone has to play the role of the disappointments that will leave the people wanting more. Someone has to set the initial bar, so I know how hard I need to push myself to surpass it. I've got a long career ahead of me, I'm not taking years off it by giving 98% if I only need to give 85% to be the best thing going."

She casually reaches into her pocket and pops in a stick of gum.

"I don't need to be the first lady of PWR, I'll settle for being the first lady of PWR to speak without using hackneyed cliches and awkward metaphors. I don't need to be the first Champion, I'll just settle for making sure that when my time comes? I'll the best. Boys, girls, I'll be seeing you all soon; ta ta."

With a wave of the hand, we cut quickly to static.
Back to top Go down

Patience *Live*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro Wrestling Rebellion :: Monday Night Vantage Point :: Vantage Point Television :: General Roleplay/Character Development-
Jump to: